Saturday, January 7, 2017

Jubilations of the Icosahedron ProcessI: Players, Characters, and Background.

I have been fortunate in convincing 6 other people to spend their Sunday nights rolling dice and playing pretend with me. This post is an introduction to the 6 of them and who they are currently playing. For those wishing to watch/listen to our sessions hopefully this may give some background Information on who is playing and what the background is.


1. K - My Best Friend

I met K through a guy who I used to DM for. *Correction, we once got into a boxing match at a school fair and I knocked his glasses off. One day we started hanging out and haven't stopped since. He's always down for anything and would probably be down to run off to join the circus with me just because. His strengths as a player lie in his lateral thinking and love of convoluted schemes rather than violence.

His current character is Ramona Watts, a Witch.

2. M - My Foil

M lived in the same dorm that I did and we became friends over the game Mount and Blade Warband. We later were roommates. At one point K and I convinced M to run a campaign and i think we scarred him deep inside. He was trying to run a historical campaign centered around the Ancient Yucatan but we ran it into the ground. Granted he never requested we stop inserting unnecessary anime concepts into what should have been a serious game. M's strength as a player lies in his ability to critique. He doesn't allow our friendship to get in the way and will give honest analysis.

His current character is Alexandre, an Elf.

3. H - My Cousin
No image could be more accurate

So H and I are related. I asked her to join in a game one day and she has been having a great time ever since. I don't know anyone else so excited to be playing a tabletop RPG game. She has incredibly visceral reactions to what happens in the campaign. Her strength as a player is her preparedness and tendency for paranoia.

Her current character is Margaret, a Ranger.

4. G - K's Back-Up Friend

I know G mainly from her being friends with K. For the longest time I wasn't the biggest fan of her as the friend group she mainly hung out with was outwardly socially awkward but ever since I have come to know her I have regret that choice. She's cool as shit. Her strength as a player is her quality of person. She comes on time, she says if she will be late, she tries to help out other players at the table learn the rules. She is the platonic guest at your session.

Her current character is Jack Fenton, a Necroscope.

5. I - My Rugby Party Pal

I would always run into I at the parties my rugby team would throw. Lo and behold she turned out be a massive nerd and she joined my table. She's only played a few sessions so far but so far has provided a very upbeat atmosphere which is a pleasant difference from many players playing wonderfully sullen and angry characters/ acting sullen as people.

Her current character is Dianna, an Acrobat.

6. W - My Traveling Companion

W is the newest member of the group. I met him when I did my study abroad in the Yucatan. He only knew me as a jackass who drinks excessively and chases girls in a foreign country so we really didn't talk that much about nerdy hobbies. One day we hung out after we had returned to the states and realized that both of us are really into tabletop rpgs. We share many similar theories on rpgs and I am very excited to have him at my table.

I don't know who he will play.

Background
---

The party are in the northern most reach of the Empire of the Alabaster Crown. Their source of operations is the city November which they reached because of the many proximal sites ripe for graverobbing/looting. They met each other working for a noble who wished to tax again his missing gypsies.

North of November are the Ruins of the Ytori, North-East are the Barrow Hills full of many riches, and past them Ozborn, the city built on an ancient Goblin Keep. East is the Labyrinth of the Iron Kings. To the South-East are the starving lands and the ruined city of Lymos. South is the rest of the Empire of the Alabaster Crown. Southwest is the Crawling Forest. East are the Soaked Lands, and many sunken ruins. North-East are the tribes of the Hval-Hode and their drowned god.

The party was financed by a wizard In' exist to go into a large complex of the Ytori and return to him the many golden friezes on the walls inside. The party ransacked this complex over the course of three visits fighting Insect Spirits, Mudmen, Assassins, and the ghost of the old Yroti King.

The system we've been using is Goblinpunch's GLOG with 4 extra classes from Gloomtrain hacked ontu the system.

The opening theme/trailer of "chapter 1" of the story can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment